Quality Center Multiple Choice Questions-1
1) Test management with Quality Center involves …. Phases.
2) The phases of Test management with Quality Center in order are:
A) Specify Releases, Specify Requirements, Plan Tests, Execute Tests, Track Defects
B) Specify Requirements, Specify Releases, Plan Tests, Execute Tests, Track Defects
C) Specify Requirements, Plan Tests, Specify Releases, Execute Tests, Track Defects
D) Specify Releases, Specify Requirements, Plan Tests, Track Defects, Execute Tests
3) By creating a list of authorized users and assigning each user a password and user group, you control the kinds of additions and modifications each user makes to the project.
4) The …….determines the privileges that the user has within a project.
A) User ID
B) User Name
C) User group
D) User SID
5) You can import data from Word or Excel to a Quality Center project.
6) Quality Center 9.2 prompts you to install Microsoft .NET ...... if it is not already installed on your machine.
A) Framework 2.0
B) Framework 1.0
C) Framework 3.0
D) Framework 4.0
7) When you connect to a project, the Quality Center main window opens and displays the module in which you were last working.
8) The ….can change and override a user's properties or password.
A) Global Administrator
B) Site Administrator
D) QC Administrator
9) You can filter Quality Center data to display only those records that meet the criteria that you define. How many filters can you define
A) Single item as a filter
B) Two items as a filter
C) Multiple items as filter
D) Five items as filter
10) In the test plan tree, you can define the ……filter for associated test sets as "Open". This ensures that only tests that belong to an open test set are displayed.
11) By default, records appear in Quality Center in the
A) Increasing Order
B) Decreasing Order
C) Order in which they were added
D) None of these
12) You can save filter and sort information as a favorite view and then load it as needed.
13) You can copy and paste the filter, sort, and group by settings to another project.
14) You can also share the settings (filter, sort, and group by settings) with another user by pasting them to an e-mail or a text file.
15) When you use text search, the search ignores
A) articles (a, an, the)
B) coordinate conjunctions (and, but, for, nor, or);
C) Boolean operators (and, or, not, if, or, then).
D) All of above
16) You can export the data in a grid as a
A) text file,
B) Microsoft Excel worksheet,
C) Microsoft Word document, or
D) HTML document.
E) All of above
17) …….. alerting functions available in Quality Center
18) The alerting functions in Quality Center are:
A) Automatic notification alerts, Follow up alerts
B) Email alerts, Automatic notification alerts, Follow up alerts
C) Defect alerts, Email alerts, Automatic notification alerts, Follow up alerts
D) Final alerts, Email alerts, Automatic notification alerts, Follow up alerts
19) You can create traceability links between ……….. in the Requirements module.
B) Test Cases
20) You can associate a test instance with a defect. This is performed by creating ………..in the Test Plan module, or by adding a defect during a manual test run.
A) Linked Tests
B) Linked Defects
C) Linked Errors
D) Linked Data
Quality Center Multiple Choice Questions-2
21) You can view a list of alerts for a ………… entity.
A) A test in the test plan tree or Test Grid
B) A test instance in the Execution Grid
C) None of above
D) Both A) & B)
22) A red flag indicates that the alert is.........
C) Follow up
23) A gray flag indicates that the alert ………..
B) has already been read
C) Follow up
24) A follow up flag is specific to your user login name. Anyone else viewing the record does not see your follow up alert.
25) Quality Center assigns the image a unique file name with a ..... extension.
26) A ………..is a view of a Quality Center window with the settings you apply to it.
A) Personal View
B) My view
C) Favorite View
D) My QC View
27) You save favorite views in ........
A) Favorite folder
B) Personal folder
C) Both A) & B)
D) Public & Private folder
28) You can define the number of views displayed on the menu by setting the …………….. parameter in the Site Configuration tab in Site Administration.
29) The requirements specification workflow consists of the following:
A) Define Testing Scope, Create Requirements, Detail Requirements, Assign to Releases, Analyze Requirements
B) Define Testing Scope, Detail Requirements, Create Requirements, Assign to Releases, Analyze Requirements
C) Define Testing Scope, Create Requirements, Detail Requirements, Analyze Requirements, Assign to Releases
D) Define Testing Scope, Create Requirements, Analyze Requirements, Detail Requirements, Assign to Releases
30) Requirement topics are recorded in the Requirements module by creating a
A) Requirements cycle
B) Requirements tree
C) Requirements plan
D) Requirements module
31) QA Manager changes a requirement from a ……….. status to a Reviewed status once it is approved.
C) Not reviewed
D) None of these
32) You can also import requirements to your Quality Center project from Microsoft Word, Excel, or other third-party requirement management tools. To import requirements, you must first install the appropriate………
A) HP Third Party add-in.
B) HP Quality Center add-in.
C) HP Quality Center
D) HP Quality Center License
33) The Requirements Grid view enables you to display requirements in a …………….view.
D) Flat non-hierarchical
34) The …………view enables you to analyze the breakdown of child requirements according to test coverage status..
A) Coverage Analysis
B) Coverage Requirements
D) Coverage Tests
35) You can access the Requirements menu bar from the Requirements module by pressing the shortcut key …….
C) Ctrl + R
D) Alt + R
36) You can use the ………to restrict and dynamically change the fields and values in the Requirements module.
A) Script Edit
B) Scriptor Editor
C) Script Editor
D) Script Editing
37) The Requirements module enables you to define and manage your……...
B) All requirements
C) some requirements
D) Tedious requirements
38) You can rename or delete Requirements root folder.
39) You can search for a particular requirement in the requirements tree or in the requirements grid using the …….command.
C) Search All
D) Find All
40) You can replace field values in the requirements tree or in the requirements grid using the …….command.
B) Replace All
C) Find & Replace
41) By default, Quality Center sends e-mail in HTML format. To send e-mail as plain text instead, edit the ……. parameter in the Site Configuration tab in Site Administration.
42) You can copy a requirement within the same project or between projects. Which of the below items are copied at the time of copying a requirement.
A) Test coverage.
B) defect linkage.
C) risk-based quality management data
D) All of above
E) None of above
43) You can also move a requirement to a new location in the requirements tree by dragging it..
44) You can delete a requirement from the Requirements module. Deleting a requirement does not delete its child requirements, tests coverage, requirement traceability links, and defects linkage..
45) There are two methods you can use to create tests from requirements:
A) Convert Requirements to Tests & Generate a Test from Requirements
B) Convert Requirements to Tests & Convert a Test from Requirements
C) Convert Requirements to Tests & Generate a Requirement from Tests
D) Convert a Test from Requirements & Generate Requirements to Tests
46) When analyzing the impact of a change proposed in a specific requirement, the traceability links indicate the other ...... that the change might affect.
C) tests & requirements
47) ...... links indicate requirements that affect a selected requirement. .....links indicate requirements that are affected by a selected requirement.
A) Trace from, Trace to
B) Trace to, Trace from
C) From trace, To trace
D) None of above
48) When a requirement changes, Quality Center alerts the affected requirements. The alerts can be seen by.......
A) Author of the requirement
B) users authorized by the Author of the requirement
C) all users
49) while Defining Traceability Relationships, You cannot add a requirement traceability link by dragging a requirement from the requirements tree to the appropriate grid..
50) While viewing Traceability Impact, the Impact Analysis tab helps you understand the many associations and dependencies that exist between the ........ by displaying them in a hierarchical tree structure.
51) Each requirement type with risk-based quality management enabled supports either.
A) risk analysis or risk assessment
B) risk breakdown or risk assessment
C) risk breakdown or risk review
D) risk analysis or risk evaluation
52) Performing a risk-based quality management analysis for an analysis requirement involves the following steps
A) Determine Risk groups, Define Testing Policy Settings, Finalize Testing Policy, Analyze Testing Strategy
B) Determine Risk Categories, Define Testing guidelines Settings, Finalize Testing Policy, Analyze Testing Strategy
C) Determine Risk Categories, Define Testing Policy Settings, Finalize Testing guidelines, Analyze Testing Strategy
D) Determine Risk Categories, Define Testing Policy Settings, Finalize Testing Policy, Analyze Testing Strategy
53) An ...... requirement is a requirement belonging to a type that represents higher levels in the requirements tree hierarchy, such as the Folder type.
54) An ....... requirement is a requirement belonging to a type that represents requirements that are children of analysis requirements and at a lower level in the requirements tree hierarchy.
55) For each assessment requirement under the analysis requirement, you determine the Risk Category. The Risk Category is composed of two factors.
A) Business Probability and Failure Criticality
B) Business Vitality and Failure Probability
C) Business Criticality and Failure Probability
D) Business Criticality and Failure Possibility
56) The Business Criticality of a requirement has three possible values:.....
A) Critical, Important, Nice to Have
B) Critical, Importance, Nice to Have
C) Critical, Important, Nice to Had
D) None of these
57) The Failure Probability of a requirement has three possible values:...
A) High, Standard, Low
B) High, Average, Low
C) High, Medium, Low
D) None of these
58) Quality Center defines four Testing Levels:.
A) Full, Partial, Basic, and Low
B) Full, Partial, Basic, and None
C) Full, Half, Basic, and None
D) Full, Partial, Critical, and None
59) The Business Criticality of a requirement is a measure of how likely a test on the requirement is to fail, based on the technical complexity of the requirement's implementation, without consideration of the requirement's impact on the business.
60) The Failure Probability of a requirement is a measure of how important the requirement is to your business